Live Your Creed
Written by Langston Hughes
I’d rather see a sermon than to hear one any day.
I’d rather one walk with me than just to show the way.
The eye is a better pupil and more willing than the ear.
Advice may be misleading but examples are always clear.
And the very best of teachers are the ones who live their
For to see good put into action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn to do it if you let me see it done.
I can watch your hand in motion but your tongue too fast
And the lectures you deliver may be very fine and true
But I’d rather get my lesson by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the fine advice you give
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how
Youth Resources & Programs
- B. Rice Community Research and Reviews (32)
- Book Reviews, Stories, Summaries, Comments (75)
- Favorite Poems, Spoken Word, Performance Poetry (20)
- History – Black History (25)
- History To Know (6)
- Motivational Speaker Videos, Tracks, Scripts, & Sermons (26)
- Music videos and lyric reviews (4)
- Positive Community Examples (7)
- thoughts to live by (35)
- Uncategorized (21)
- z: Quotes to Know (166)
- Achievement and Success Quotes (archives) (15)
- Achievement and Success Quotes (new) (3)
- Black Community, Black Challenges Quotes (archives) (10)
- Black History Related Quotes (archives) (2)
- Community, Helping Others, & Giving Back Quotes (archives) (12)
- Community, Helping Others, & Giving Back Quotes (new) (3)
- Inspirational, Faith, and Religious Quotes (archives) (16)
- Inspirational, Faith, and Religious Quotes (new) (7)
- Life, Wisdom, Values, and Insight Quotes (archives) (22)
- Life, Wisdom, Values, and Insight Quotes (new) (4)
- Purpose, Dreams, and Passions Quotes (archives) (21)
- Purpose, Dreams, and Passions Quotes (new) (4)
- Relationship and Love Quotes (archives) (13)
- Relationship and Love Quotes (new) (3)
- Self Resolution, Overcoming Challenges Quotes (archives) (26)
- Self Resolution, Overcoming Challenges Quotes (new) (5)
- Part 2: Letters to Young Black Women: from education to self worth
- part 1: for women and fathers raising girls: Letters about men who are dawgs
- B. Rice highlights from the book “Mo Letters to Young Black Men” by Daniel Whyte
- B. Rice highlights from the book “Letters to Young Black Men” by Daniel Whyte
- 31 selected quotes from the must read book “Think and Grow Rich”
GET YOUR COPY TODAY @ www.briankrice.com
Go to www.briankrice.com to visit Brian’s personal website
Recent TagsAfrican American boys African American Family African American Keynote Speaker African American Motivational Speaker african american motivational speakers African American Speaker African American Speakers African American Youth Motivational Speaker american dream American Values believe in you believe in yourself Birmingham Alabama Motivational Speaker Black America black boys Black Community black education Black Fathers black in america Black Male Stereotype Black Male Success Stories Black Motivational Speaker Black on Black Crime black role model Black Single Mothers Black Teen Speaker black youth Boyce Watkins Brian K. Rice African American Youth Motivational Speaker Brian K. Rice favorite father quotes Brian K Rice African American Motivational Speaker and Author carlos robson Charlotte poetry slam Charlotte wine up Christian Christianity Concrete Generation courageous leadership Daniel Whyte dating Dreams faith Favorite Poem follow your dreams Gang Violence Letters to Young Black Women live with purpose love love quote Middle School Motivational Speaker Mike Brown motivational poem Motivational Speaker Napolean Hill omega psi phi overcoming fear overcoming obstacles Positive Black Men purpose driven life relationship quote responsible father Role Model se7en the poet self belief self belief quote self confidence selfishness spiritual calling spiritual leadership Steve Perry success Think and Grow Rich Touch one production windsor village www.briankrice.com