Live Your Creed
Written by Langston Hughes
I’d rather see a sermon than to hear one any day.
I’d rather one walk with me than just to show the way.
The eye is a better pupil and more willing than the ear.
Advice may be misleading but examples are always clear.
And the very best of teachers are the ones who live their
For to see good put into action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn to do it if you let me see it done.
I can watch your hand in motion but your tongue too fast
And the lectures you deliver may be very fine and true
But I’d rather get my lesson by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the fine advice you give
But there’s no misunderstanding how you act and how
Youth Resources & Programs
- B. Rice Community Research and Reviews (29)
- Book Reviews, Stories, Summaries, Comments (75)
- Favorite Poems, Spoken Word, Performance Poetry (20)
- History To Know (28)
- Motivational Speaker Videos, Tracks, Scripts, & Sermons (25)
- Music videos and lyric reviews (4)
- Positive Community Examples (7)
- thoughts to live by (35)
- Uncategorized (21)
- z: Quotes to Know (166)
- Achievement and Success Quotes (archives) (15)
- Achievement and Success Quotes (new) (3)
- Black Community, Black Challenges Quotes (archives) (10)
- Black History Related Quotes (archives) (2)
- Community, Helping Others, & Giving Back Quotes (archives) (12)
- Community, Helping Others, & Giving Back Quotes (new) (3)
- Inspirational, Faith, and Religious Quotes (archives) (16)
- Inspirational, Faith, and Religious Quotes (new) (7)
- Life, Wisdom, Values, and Insight Quotes (archives) (22)
- Life, Wisdom, Values, and Insight Quotes (new) (4)
- Purpose, Dreams, and Passions Quotes (archives) (21)
- Purpose, Dreams, and Passions Quotes (new) (4)
- Relationship and Love Quotes (archives) (13)
- Relationship and Love Quotes (new) (3)
- Self Resolution, Overcoming Challenges Quotes (archives) (26)
- Self Resolution, Overcoming Challenges Quotes (new) (5)
- Excel Black Girl, Excel Black Boy (Brian speaks at Sydney Lanier High School in Montgomery AL
- Black Boy Step Up (Brian speaks at Wilcox Central High School)
- This artice said he died protecting his mother, my initial observation is different
- “Black Boy Step Up” (Brian speaks to African American Teenage Males at Wilcox Central High School)
- It’s sad that Hispanics and African Americans have to whitewash their names just to get a interview
click on picture below to learn more about motivational speaking and non profit work Brian is involved in at www.briankrice.com
GET YOUR COPY TODAY @ www.briankrice.com
click on link below for Brian’s personal website
Go to www.briankrice.com to visit Brian’s personal website
Brian K. Rice (B. Rice) is a African American Motivational Speaker, Mechanical Engineer, Social Entrepreneur,College Motivational Speaker, Youth Speaker and Author. Brian is very involved in the community and he uses this blog as a way to share constructive information. To learn more about Brian visit his website at www.briankrice.com
TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THE BLOG
Recent TagsAfrican American boys African American Family African American Keynote Speaker African American Motivational Speaker african american motivational speakers African American Speaker African American Speakers African American Youth Motivational Speaker american dream American Values believe in you believe in yourself Birmingham Alabama Motivational Speaker Black America black boys Black Community black education Black Fathers black in america Black Male Stereotype Black Male Success Stories Black Motivational Speaker Black on Black Crime black role model Black Single Mothers Black Teen Speaker black youth Boyce Watkins Brian K. Rice African American Youth Motivational Speaker Brian K. Rice favorite father quotes Brian K Rice African American Motivational Speaker and Author carlos robson Charlotte poetry slam Charlotte wine up Christian Christianity Concrete Generation courageous leadership Daniel Whyte dating Dr. Seuss Dreams faith Favorite Poem follow your dreams Gang Violence Letters to Young Black Women live with purpose love love quote Middle School Motivational Speaker motivational poem Motivational Speaker Napolean Hill omega psi phi overcoming fear overcoming obstacles Positive Black Men purpose driven life relationship quote responsible father Role Model se7en the poet self belief self belief quote self confidence selfishness spiritual calling spiritual leadership Steve Perry success Think and Grow Rich Touch one production windsor village www.briankrice.com